# FAB Meeting Minutes - 9 May 2024

Date: 2024-05-09
Location: Premier Suite, Oakwell Stadium
PDF: https://images.gc.barnsleyfcservices.co.uk/573ca9d0-9d2c-11ef-99e5-7141d1af252f.pdf

Barnsley FC Fan Advisory Group Meeting Minutes 
Date of Meeting Thursday 9th May 2024 
Location Premier Suite, Oakwell Stadium 
Time 7pm 
Meeting Objective(s) 
General update from the club and voting on the committee members. 
Attendance 
Present Apologies 
Jon Flatman 
John Bird 
Group members – names 
available 
Agenda, Discussions, Issues 
Topic / Discussion Notes Discussion led by 
1. Welcome 
JF welcomed everyone to the meeting. JF 
2. Previous minutes 
The minutes from the previous meeting on the 29th February 2024 were proposed by 
Lucy Thorpe, seconded by Kelly Drury as agreed as a whole by the group. 
JF 
3. Horsham refund 
JF confirmed that the match ticket price will be refunded to supporters’ accounts in due 
course. 
JF 
4. Safe standing update 
JF confirmed the safe standing areas would be in OR1 in the Norman Rimmington South 
Stand and NS1 in the Barry Murphy North Stand. 
Application is still on going. 
SAG have approved the process, and the application is with the SGSA. 
There would be a 1-2 week turnaround so if the work isn’t completed before the start of 
the season, it can still be completed during the season. 
If we are to add more safe standing in the future, another application would have to be 
completed but the process should be quicker. 
JF 
5. Voting on committee members 
Before voting commenced, JF read an email out from a supporter who had raised 
concerns. 
1. The supporters trust has two positions on the committee - should we without 
being elected? 
The room agreed that it is important to have the trust on there. Two spaces for 
the trust and then any other members of the trust committee who are voted into 
the other positions would be representing that position and not the Supporters 
Trust. Stop the trust having a monopoly on the FAB. 
2. There is little to define how the group will engage with BFC supporters? There is 
no accountability for members who do not engage with the supporters or attend 
meetings. No commitment for the advisory group to grow. 
Need to look at finalising the way to feed into the group once the committee has 
been set up. It is too early to finalise the process although the elected person will 
have an email address which will be advertised for supporters to contact. 
JF 
TOR to be reviewed once the committee has been setup. 
Chairperson would respond to these types of questions moving forward. 
Chairperson to be selected from the members who are voted in. This might be too much 
work for someone to be the chair and a representative so this will be reviewed moving 
forward and the elected position might have to be given up. 
Voting completed and the votes to be counted and reviewed next week. 
6. Season ticket update 
Extended the early bird period due to the uncertainty of league and team management. 
Club are keen to promote the importance of the season ticket to the budgets set for the 
season. 
JF/JB 
7. Stadium Capital Expenditure 
We currently have a full structural survey of the ground which is being completed. 
Next month we should have a plan of what we are looking to do and in which areas. 
Design work is ongoing. 
Areas of improvement which are being considered but not limited to are: 
• East stand cladding on the lower tier. 
• Fanzone. 
• Hospitality area upgrades. 
• Lift upgrades. 
• General Maintenance. 
• Solar panels on the South Stand roof. 
• Floodlight upgrade. 
• Fire alarm upgrade. 
Full list of works to be provided, along with costings, once completed. 
There will be no resource put to opening the other half of the West Stand at this current 
time. 
There will be communication to the fan base on key milestones during the upgrades. 
JF 
8. PR announcement 
How do we communicate this announcement of this committee to the wider fan base? 
Committee to decide on the announcement once they have been voted in. 
JF 
9. AOB 
Looking at a standard communication to the supporters on a monthly basis. 
Fixture moves should be more in advance now with the new Sky Sports deal. 
JF to feedback more information to the group on the new Sky Sports deal. 
Contact JF or JB is anyone has any questions. 
No timeframe on the new manager. 
Retained list early next week. 
Barnsley FC is a Place of Possibilities! 
JF 
10. Close – 9.00pm 
Action Items 
Action Responsible Due Date 
Collate the votes JB ASAP 
Inform the successful candidates that they have been voted on JB ASAP 
Distribute meeting dates to the committee JB ASAP 
Next Meeting 
Date: 17.07.2024 Time: 6pm Location: Microsoft Teams 
Objective(s): The next meeting will be with the newly formed committee.

Source: https://fab.barnsleyfc.co.uk/meetings/2024-05-09
