# FAB Meeting Minutes - 15 April 2025

Date: 2025-04-15
Location: Premier Suite, Oakwell Stadium
PDF: https://images.gc.barnsleyfcservices.co.uk/b390dcb0-3570-11f0-a020-bd0d915a582a.pdf

1 
Barnsley FC Fan Advisory Group Meeting Minutes 
Date of Meeting Tuesday 15th April 2025 
Location Premier Suite, Oakwell Stadium 
Time 6:30 pm 
Meeting Objective(s) 
Attendance 
Present Curtis Ledger – CL Apologies 
John Bird – JB Andy Gaskell – AG Steve Brain – SB 
Heather Linney - HL Robin Harris – RH Dominic Wood - DW 
Phil Hall - PH Paul Gallagher – PG – 
minute taker 
Claire Calton – CC 
Martin Wilson – MW Jon Flatman - JF 
Kelly Drury – KD 
Agenda, Discussions, Issues 
Topic / Discussion Notes Discussion led by 
1. Minutes from February/March 
- KD reported email issues, which may have caused confusion. 
- JB did not receive the original February minutes from FAB. 
- CL noted that the revised minutes better reflected the nature of the discussion. 
- PG re-sent the correct February and March minutes during the meeting for 
formatting and publication. 
- AG highlighted that the version approved by the club (CL and Mladen's) was not 
the revised version. JB acknowledged the approval error. Correct version to be re-
sent. 
- PG discussed omissions from March's meeting, including the Fan Engagement 
Forum with coach operators. 
- PG also highlighted a need to raise ownership-related questions. 
- March minutes have been submitted to BFC for publication. 
2. Progress updates from March meeting 
- Audio Commentary – Discussed under agenda item 4. 
- Bluesky Account – JB raised with media team; awaiting response. 
- Fan Engagement Channels – Still under development by RH. 
- Tickets for Kids – CL stated DBS checks might be required by the charitable trust 
(e.g. Rapid Response's Tickets). JB to confirm process. 
3. FAB website update 
- Website is live: fab.barnsleyfc.co.uk 
- PG to circulate demo session dates via WhatsApp to FAB committee. 
- PG to update minutes on the site. 
- MW to test accessibility. 
- FAQs are present but need expanding. 
- Discussion on whether fan names should be included in FAQs. 
4. EFL Inclusion and Audio Commentary 
- AG and MW met with David McArdle (EFL Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Director). 
- MW expressed disappointment that descriptive commentary is not mandatory. 
- Ongoing test: 'Field of Vision' commentary service. 
- MW shared examples of issues at every away game. 
- McArdle will review stewarding concerns and acknowledged audit in May. 
- PG questioned the lack of enforcement powers. 
- MW/AG to initiate campaign: contact national fan groups, MPs, sports ministers. 
- MW praised Manchester United for best-in-class audio commentary. 
2 
- AG called for evidence gathering and campaign planning. 
- CC shocked by frequency of MW's issues. 
- MW noted 14 out of 92 clubs lack audio commentary. Need for end-to-end 
process improvement. 
5. Accessibility in the Fanzone 
- Supporter raised questions on accessibility of the fan zone. 
- JB confirmed: step-free access, low-level counters planned. 
- MW asked about contrasting colours for visual accessibility (e.g. WC signage). JB 
to confirm. 
- Ongoing back-and-forth with planning. 
6. The Peoples Visual History 
- Julian pleased with memorabilia collection efforts and recent Radio Sheffield 
appearance. 
- KD asked about DBS check; Julian confirmed submission to KD. 
7. Tiverton Preedy Memorial 
- Daniel Simms proposed a statue of the club's founder . 
- Support from sculptor Graham Ibbotson and local councillors. 
- Goal: Celebrate club’s 130+ year history and unite fans. 
- FAB supported the initiative. 
- JB to discuss with JF and reach out to Daniel. 
8. Fans Forum & Ownership Q&A 
- PG raised ownership-related questions submitted by fans. 
- PG suggested pre-recorded video interview as alternative. 
- PG highlighted Fan Engagement Forum with coach operators has not resumed. 
- JB plans to establish Disabled Supporters Forum in summer. 
- JB has been in touch with Nick Cox re: LGBTQ+ group. 
- HL asked about BFC's involvement in Barnsley Pride (July). JB to follow up. 
9. Season Tickets and Flexi Ticket Update 
- JB: Sales are currently ahead of last year of the same time last year. True picture 
wont be known until the early bird deadline. 
- Longer sales window this year includes two payday periods. 
- JB acknowledged Flexi ticket was added following FAB feedback. 
- CL suggested full season ticket is better value than a Flexi. 
10. Safe Standing 
- KD was questioned by a supporter about the safe standing in the Ponte. 
- KD clarified it had been widely communicated: email, newsletter, Ticketmaster. 
- PG noted similar concerns were raised on BBS forum. 
- JB confirmed Ticketmaster displays a message when purchasing in OR1. 
- No emails received by club regarding safe standing confusion. 
- CL raised social media complaint about legroom in the away end; JB confirmed 
affected seats are not for sale. 
11. Bolton Game Issues 
- JB noted fan concerns in Barry Murphy North Stand and on Grove Street. 
- Safety officer is investigating. 
12. Terms of reference 
- PG confirmed they are available on the FAB website. 
- KD requested all members to review before the next meeting. 
13. Callum Simpson Fight – Boxing at Oakwell 
- PG raised bar queue issues at last event. 
- JB explained: 
- Norman Rimmington/Barry Murphy Stands are not at full capacity. 
3 
- East Lower to have additional bars. 
- Bars on the pitch for attendees who are seated on the pitch. 
- Staffing shortages caused previous issues and will be rectified. 
- 70% of available tickets already sold. 
- Big screens will be around the top of the ring. 
14. East Stand Lower Concourse Tables 
- HL raised the issue of being unable to place food down when eating. Suggested 
improvements included adding tables or better counter space. 
- JB noted health & safety considerations, but improvements are being explored. 
Closed – 20:30 
Action Items 
Action Log Responsible Due Date 
Update and issue final February and March minutes JB 
Process for DBS for ticket helpers JB 
FAB website demo dates PG 
FAB website minutes update PG 
FAB website accessibility test MW 
Review TOR ALL 
Next Meeting 
Date: 12.06.25 Time: 6.30 
pm 
Location: Microsoft Teams

Source: https://fab.barnsleyfc.co.uk/meetings/2025-04-15
