# FAB Meeting Minutes - 13 May 2025

Date: 2025-05-13
Location: Premier Suite, Oakwell Stadium
PDF: https://images.gc.barnsleyfcservices.co.uk/fdc313a0-503e-11f0-b295-8907a4100178.pdf

1 
Barnsley FC Fan Advisory Group Meeting Minutes 
Date of Meeting Tuesday 13th May 2025 
Location Premier Suite, Oakwell Stadium 
Time 6:30 pm 
Meeting Objective(s) 
Attendance 
Present Apologies 
John Bird – JB – minute taker Steve Brain – SB Andy Gaskell – AG 
Jon Flatman - JF Robin Harris – RH Dominic Wood - DW 
Phil Hall - PH Paul Gallagher – PG 
Martin Wilson – MW Curtis Ledger – CL 
Kelly Drury – KD Heather Linney - HL 
Claire Calton – CC 
Agenda, Discussions, Issues 
Topic / Discussion Notes Discussion led by 
1. Minutes and feedback 
April minutes approved by FAB members. JB to update on to template and publish. 
2. Hoyland reds presentation evening 
Players visits were cancelled on the morning of the event. Apology received the 
following morning from 1st team manager Conor Hourihane. Club also apologised 
for the cancellation. 
Moving forward, better organisation on the date with the club so that we can look 
to make players available. It would be better if the event wasn’t before matchdays 
as to not rule out any player attending. 
3. SLO tenure 
HL had a chat with Alan Bloore. Wondered if there was a period of time that a 
person would be in the SLO role as with members of the FAB. 
Alan Bloore has been named in the latest EFL Family Excellence award for providing 
excellent communication and support to new attendees attending their first 
fixture. 
4. Minutes applause at fixtures 
Red’s Remembered is the official applause for supporters who have passed away. 
The minutes applause are usually fan driven and promoted on social media. Club 
will always support at the appropriate levels. 
5. Visually impaired commentary/ EFL audio Descriptor - Update 
MW finding it difficult to get in touch with other FAB groups to find out what 
facilities they have. 
Long term to gather information and MW not giving up on making a change. 
Field of vision trialist were selected from the EFL innovation lab. Port Vale were the 
trial club. JB has asked the EFL to be included in any future trials. JF to speak to the 
EFL as well to find out how the trial has gone at the next meeting in June. 
6. Independent fan survey results 
Daniel Simms has contacted FAB to discuss the results of the survey. This will be 
completed after the results have been analysed. 
The results should then be shared with the club to review and to look to 
implement any changes which are practical from the findings. 
7. Visibility from the disabled stand 
The club are going to review the view from the disabled stand during the close 
season. There is room to move supporters around in that area. 
The club are also looking at the possibility of adding more accessible bays in EL1. 
2 
8. Barnsley Civic Trust – George Robledo 
Book launch in library for George Robledo. Barnsley Civic trust asked about the 
possibility of placing a blue plaque on the wall at Oakwell. JF asked FAB to find out 
some more information. 
9. Future meeting dates 
Thursday 12th June and 8th July – Both on teams. 
10. AOB 
PG asked about the statue – JB/JF to talk to Daniel Simms when the results of the 
fan survey are presented to the club. 
CC asked about the lottery discount on the season tickets being included without 
having to buy and then get refund. JB mentioned that the systems are separate so 
discount needs to be manually applied. JB suggested to contact the club before 
purchasing to apply discount. 
PG asked about the questions to the ownership group – JF suggested that they are 
presented in written form to via JF first and then the answers can be given in 
writing or via a teams call. 
PG spoke to Steve Crofts about the tickets from DW – Steve to speak to his contacts 
from flag bearing to offer the tickets out on a match-by-match basis. 
SB asked about a kiosk not showing pricing in the East Stand – JF confirmed that all 
kiosks will have a signage refresh for the new season. 
Fixture release date is 26th June at 12pm – will have a fixture release lunch 
Kit update – More information to follow 
Fanzone – Objections have been received. Going to planning hearing when we 
have more information. 
Family excellence report – we have achieved the bronze award for last season. JB to 
share the results with FAB. A special mention to Alan Bloore was made in the second 
report for his help with a new family attending Oakwell for the first time. 
Terms of reference review by the group before the next meeting. 
JF said the club are looking at a Fans forum before the beginning of the season 
which is open to everyone – We are also looking to set up a Fan engagement forum 
before the start of the season too. 
FAB would like to have an online meeting where supporters can attend and ask 
questions or have a chat with FAB. Look to set something up in the future. 
Closed – 19:45 
Action Items 
Action Log Responsible Due Date 
Next Meeting 
Date: 12.06.25 Time: 6.30 
pm 
Location: Microsoft Teams

Source: https://fab.barnsleyfc.co.uk/meetings/2025-05-13
