# FAB Meeting Minutes - 5 August 2025

Date: 2025-08-05
Location: Microsoft Teams
PDF: https://images.gc.barnsleyfcservices.co.uk/713f9540-9240-11f0-bce8-c93af058cb78.pdf

1 
Barnsley FC Fan Advisory Group Meeting Minutes 
Date of Meeting Tuesday 5th August 2025 
Location Microsoft Teams 
Time 6:30 pm 
Meeting Objective(s) 
Attendance 
Present Apologies 
John Bird – JB – minute taker Steve Brain – SB Dominic Wood - DW 
Andy Gaskell – AG Paul Gallagher – PG Robin Harris – RH 
Curtis Ledger – CL Jon Flatman - JF Claire Calton – CC 
Martin Wilson – MW Phil Hall - PH 
Heather Linney - HL Kelly Drury – KD 
Agenda, Discussions, Issues 
Topic / Discussion Notes Discussion led by 
1. Minutes and feedback from last meeting 
MW – Intouch programme about accessible comms has been put to one side at the 
minute. Going to contact Stephanie Peacock to discuss. JF to provide contact 
details. 
PG – Questions to be complied and sent to JF for the ownership group. 
SB – meeting about the Terms of Reference to be carried forward along with 
meeting other supporter groups. Meeting to be arranged before the next FAB. 
SB – Meeting with David Wood, club historian, to discuss the blue plaque. 
Crowdfunding discussed to cover the coasts which was agreed by the group. 
SB – Met with Daniel Simms for a conversation about the fan survey. SB said to go 
away and pick 3 main items from the results to work on. 
2. Disabled Seating 
 JB updated the group on the conversations with supporters who have seats in the 
disabled corner stand. The box office has been contacting the supporters to discuss 
their views, seating arrangements and access routes. 
3. Bluetooth Auracast audio system 
PH – things are moving with the technology, but it is still early days. Early tests have 
proved the system can transmit good quality of sounds. PH will keep the group 
updated on the developments with the technology. 
4. Fanzone 
Planning has been granted. More accurate financial costings have been provided, 
and the project is currently paused. A new business plan will be written and a 
viability study undertaken. The Fanzone will be the same as previous but increased 
in size. JF stated that the Fanzone is important however it must be financially viable 
as the monies could be transferred to additional fan related projects. 
5. BFC - Women & Girls 
HL – how can we promote more women and girls to attend matches at Oakwell. 
Community trust to continue to promote women and girls’ participation. FAB to 
come to the club with ideas on how to grow this segment of the supporter base. 
6. Fanatics 
CL described the problems faced during the away shirt launch and placing an order. 
JF explained that there was a human error which led to the issues, but Fanatics 
resolved the problem within 24 hours which should be noted. 
Feedback on the OXEN shirts is positive. JF to see if the MD of OXEN will come to a 
FAB meeting to discuss their journey. 
2 
7. Food and drink prices 
 PG – prices have been frozen although supporters were asking for a decrease. The 
club have reduced the price of Madri before the start of the match as a trial. Many 
clubs have increased their prices for the 2025/26 season. 
8. AOB 
MW had an issue at Plymouth with the commentary headset on offer. Ended up 
listening to the match via BBC local radio. 
JF discussed the Independent Football Regulator and the potential changes now 
the IFR is in place. 
JF updated the group on the Field of Vision trial and is sure that this will be one of 
the projects which will be taken forward. CLUB to discuss with MW. 
Closed – 20:10 
Action Items 
Action Log Responsible Due Date 
JF to ask MD of OXEN will come to a FAB meeting to 
discuss their journey. 
Next Meeting 
Date: 09.09.25 Time: 6.30 
pm 
Location: Oakwell Stadium / 
Microsoft Teams

Source: https://fab.barnsleyfc.co.uk/meetings/2025-08-05
