# FAB Meeting Minutes - 9 September 2025

Date: 2025-09-09
Location: Microsoft Teams
PDF: https://images.gc.barnsleyfcservices.co.uk/7d1b8aa0-c165-11f0-8ed8-61a2fd9536d1.pdf

1 
Barnsley FC Fan Advisory Group Meeting Minutes 
Date of Meeting Tuesday 9th September 2025 
Location Microsoft Teams 
Time 6:30 pm 
Meeting Objective(s) 
Attendance 
Present Apologies 
John Bird – JB – minute taker Steve Brain – SB Curtis Ledger – CL 
Andy Gaskell – AG Paul Gallagher – PG Kelly Drury – KD 
Dominic Wood - DW Jon Flatman - JF 
Martin Wilson – MW Phil Hall - PH 
Heather Linney - HL Mladen Sormaz - MS 
Robin Harris – RH 
Claire Calton – CC 
Agenda, Discussions, Issues 
Topic / Discussion Notes Discussion led by 
1. Minutes and feedback from last meeting 
MW contacted Stephanie Peacock and didn’t hear anything back. Also spoken to 
LPF again who are going to help. 
JF to invite OXEN to a future meeting. 
SB met with Rev Blair and discussed what the project he was looking at. 
BFC women and girls group to carry forward to next meeting. 
Field of vision update to MW to carry forward. 
2. Transfer window - review 
 MS – we have held on to the key players during the window. Reviews have started 
to go out in the press over the last few days. 
SB – window more successful than in previous seasons which supporters have been 
feeding back in. 
DW – Well done on the window – are there any contracts which are going to be 
renewed? MS – we are working on that as well as identifying new targets. 
RH – thank you for doing the media piece as it isn’t something you always see from 
football clubs. 
HL – do we cover non-league? MS – yes we do. We have recently brought back 
Brian Young who will be looking at non-league. 
PG – ho do you know where our budget ranks with other clubs? Benchmarking is 
sent out by the EFL which shows where we are in line with other clubs in the 
league. 
CC – window seemed to work better with Conor. MS – yes, we got the deals done 
quickly. 
MS – asked FAB what they want to see from him the future. Media duties are 
external. If any big topics are getting missed, then let us know and we can answer 
the questions. 
3. Health and Safety incident in East Stand 30/08 
Incident acknowledged, this is a legal matter concerning Fanatics, club insurers and 
the injured party. We are unable to comment any further. 
4. Match ticket promotional pricing 
AW through that the offer for the Burton Albion fixture was good but this was 
followed up with two higher priced fixtures against Bolton Wanderers and 
Huddersfield Town. JF explained that we budget for the bigger games to be CAT A 
games and that it is unfortunate on when these games have fallen in the schedule. 
2 
We also look at having other offers through out the season with the bring a friend 
for £10 games and the newly introduced CAT C games. 
5. Mural 
DW contacted a fan group to see if the FAB can help with a proposed mural on the 
approach to Oakwell from town. JF said that the Barnsley Way project is back on 
the agenda and will provide more information as things progress. 
6. East Stand broken window 
Club are aware of the broken window. Steward in place during matchdays. Window 
needs to be replaced from the outside. Waiting on the glazers to replace as it is a 
complicated job. 
7. AOB 
Question on restocking women’s shirts - There is another order of kit arriving into 
the shop soon which should include women’s shirts. 
JB working with Paul Gregory to support the ‘One in every corner’ campaign. The 
purpose of the campaign is to have a defibrillator installed in each 4 corners of 
every stadium in the 92. 
Only one exit gate opened at the end of one of the matches – JF to speak to the 
control room. 
PG asked if the U21 and U18 games could have more coverage about when the 
games are taking place along with the results from the matches. 
CC asked if supporters can be kept up to date with tickets sales for our away 
games. 
DW raised that the legends suite hasn’t been completed yet. Palmers should be off 
site by the 12th September. New seats, sound system and air conditioning to all be 
completed at this time. JF wanted to put on record a thank you to Palmers for the 
amount of work they have done to complete the upgrades in the amount of time 
they have done so. 
PG asked about air conditioning in the corner stand hospitality areas which JF will 
go away and investigate. 
Closed – 20:10 
Action Items 
Action Log Responsible Due Date 
Next Meeting 
Date: 25.11.25 Time: 6.15 Location: Microsoft Teams

Source: https://fab.barnsleyfc.co.uk/meetings/2025-09-09
